After many months of planning and hard work by the volunteers, staff and students of Conrad and Hillcrest High Schools and their Environmental League and NAF chapters, our inaugural Trash Dash 5k race was a great success!
Over a hundred runners AND walkers enjoyed this exciting trail while also helping our students clean the park as they ran or walked past each checkpoint station.
Check out these great pictures of our participants as they pass the halfway point approaching checkpoint station #5: Click here
We learned a lot this year and are looking forward to making next year’s Trash Dash a bigger, smoother run and even more exciting event to bring everyone together in a healthy and common good cause.
We would especially like to thank our Sponsors for their wonderful support and contributions.
And a heartfelt note of gratitude is extended to Martha Stowe and the Vickery Meadow Youth Development Foundation for their support of this community project.
In addition, we would like to thank the following people for all of their dedication and hard work on this project:
- Conrad H.S. Principal Tenesghen Asmerom – Planning Committee, Sponsorship Drive (and assuring we had the resources we needed!)
- Environmental League Teachers:
- Stephanie Jackson – Asst Teacher @ Conrad
- Berry Jackson – Asst Teacher @ Hillcrest
- Monalisa Chadha – AP Physics & Environmental Studies Teacher
- Gulsum Ince – AP Sciences Teacher
- NAF Academy Teachers
- Janel Humphries – Finance
- Jonathan Smith – Health Sciences
- Environmental League & NAF Academy Students on the 5K Committee
- Ashley Serralde
- Joel Reyna
- obtaining final list…
Corporate Partner Volunteers
- Brittany Holy – CapitalOne
- Jim Lord – Above The Bar Systems
- Scott Boeckle – Promoted Events
- Ramon Rodriguez – Law Offices of Ramon Rodriguez
- Race-Day Teacher Volunteers
- Coach Andrew McCorkindale
- Ms Helms – Health Sciences
- Ms Rice – Health Sciences
- Mr Green – NAF Business/Marketing
- Race-Day DORBA Volunteers
- Glen Harrod – Trail Steward
- Garrick Whitnah – DORBA President
- Brad House – Asst Trail Steward
- Kristy Harrod
- Steve Goss
Thank you all once again – we had a lot of fun, hope you did too and are looking forward to seeing you all again next year at the 2019 Trash Dash 5k!